TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRADE
Any instructions received by Shades Direct from the customer for the supply of goods shall constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- Shades Direct require a deposit payment of 50% of the total quote on placing an order and before any work commences.
- Full & Final payment is due immediately upon completion of the job as confirmed by Shades Direct and is not reliant on the issue of a Code of Compliance Certificate from the local council authority.
- There shall be no retention of payment, the purchaser shall not deduct any sums when paying the balance of the total price.
- Interest may be charged on any amount owing after the due date at the rate of 2% per month or part month.
- Any expenses, disbursements and legal costs incurred by Shades Direct in the enforcement of any rights contained in this contract shall be paid by the customer, including any reasonable solicitor’s fees, debt collection or agency fees. Receipt of a cheque, bill of exchange, or other negotiable instrument shall not constitute payment until such negotiable instrument is paid in full.
- All goods supplied to the purchaser shall remain the property of the supplier/installer until payment in full is made by the purchaser to the supplier/installer including any interest and/or collection fees.
- Where a quotation is given by Shades Direct for goods: The quotation shall be valid for thirty (30) days from the date of issue; and where goods are required in addition to the quotation or there is any agreed variation to plans and specifications the customer agrees to pay for the additional cost of such goods.
- Our quotation includes the supply and installation of a Shades Direct Product designed to our standard specifications, wind zone and engineering on good ground with above ground drainage unless otherwise stated.
- Shades Direct shall, without any liability, and without any prejudice to any other right it has in law or equity, have the right by notice to suspend or cancel in whole or in part any contract for the supply of goods to the customer if the customer fails to pay any money owing after the due date or the customer commits an act of bankruptcy as defined in section 19 of the Insolvency Act 1967.
- Any cancellation or suspension under clause 4.1 of this agreement shall not affect Shades Direct’s claim for money at the time of cancellation or suspension or for damages for any breach of any terms of this contract or the customer’s obligations to Shades Direct under this contract.
- Should the purchaser cancel the agreement to supply and install a Shades Direct Product then the deposit is non-refundable.
Personal Guarantee of Company Directors and Trustees:
If the customer is a company or trust, the director(s) or trustee(s) signing this contract, also sign this contract in their personal capacity, wherein they jointly and severally personally guarantee to Shades Direct the payment of the balance of the customer’s credit facility from time to time, and the payment of all other monies now or hereafter owed by the customer to Shades Direct. Any personal guarantee made by any party shall not exclude the customer in any way whatsoever from the liabilities. and obligations contained in this contract. The guarantors and customer shall be jointly and severally liable under the terms and conditions of this contract.
- Any stormwater, drainage or building regulatory requirements as per council building code or consent processes are the responsibility and cost of the owner.
- It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that all existing house gutters and downpipes are in good condition and have sufficient capacity to transfer additional runoff because of heavy rainfall.
All Shades Direct Products carry a Five-Year Warranty. Shades Direct does not compromise the quality and strength of their products.
Polycarbonate & Acrylic roofing must only be cleaned with soapy water and a soft brush. No spray on chemicals or products are to be used and could void the warranties. We believe our product is the Best of the Best of the Best. We stand by and are proud to supply NZ made products.
It is up to the owner of the property to advise any underground services and is their sole risk. While all care is taken to avoid any damage, Shades Direct do not accept any liability for any damage to such services. By signing these terms and conditions, the purchaser acknowledges that they have read and understand the terms and conditions above.